welcome to my page
hi. my name is catherine leigh schmidt. i'm a designer and writer from the united states. i'm the co-director of panacea publishing, a small, feminist press devoted to emerging queer literature.
email, cv, twitter
recently published writing
Decentralized Autonomous Occultism, Spike Art Magazine, January 2022
Many Waters Good Horoscope, January 2023
Yatra, a typeface published by Google in 2016
- my background is in font, web, and print design, software development, and community organizing.
- i am a child of corporate multinational expats and evangelical missionaries.
- i am interested in decolonial approaches to design, media, and technology in a globalized, neoliberal present. i think criticism is a way to imagine a utopian present.
- i write about astrology and materialist theology.
- my upper-middle class background has given me better access to institutional and financial support.
- i have lived in chile, florida, seattle, providence, mumbai, oakland, and berlin. i am currently based in london.
- i identify as a hot girl
last updated April 2023